About This Session
Disruption of people practices has already begun, and will grow exponentially. Most of HR people stand in the same situation as did CD or DVD companies a few years back. They really did not see it coming. And suddenly they were out of work.
This talk will:
1. Dig in the history of organizations a bit:
State and explain the building bricks traditional HR is built on in most companies (Taylorism, Behaviorism, industrialization, process thinking, mechanistic view on humans) – this part will give attendants the language to understand the “”foundation for current HR is broken””.
2. Clarify that polishing the current processes will not help you.
Riina will show that even if we add some elements which build on a modern human view, such as coaching or wellbeing, it is like adding whipped cream on a pile of shit. There is no scientific research whatsoever that individual incentivizing leads to better performance, on the contrary. HR is broken, benchmarking and best practices is lazy. HR need to start THINKING themselves.
3. Introduce the fields briefly which are currently disrupting the HR, with examples and practical tips. This is the new field of people practices, and this will change rapidly.
– Agile & Lean
– New organization forms
– Lean startup thinking
– Service Design
– Digitalization & Social & Transparency
– Data & Analytics
– New people science, Cognitive & psych + neuroscience
– Data protection
What You’ll Takeaway
- Realize that the foundation of people practices has changed, and am able to give solid arguments of this within my organization.
- Swallow the “red pill” – after this speech, I can see the nonsense all over in organizations. This is a warning, there is no way back to the illusion or oblivion that current HR works. HR is broken, period.
- Know where to start learning more, which areas to look into, which sources to remember. Get practical tips and case examples from very innovative organizations on the Nordic region.